Monday, August 3, 2009

Thowing Ninja Stars

On Sunday, Jen and I met up with Lamika in Osaka to check out a photo exhibition. The photographer, Gary McLeod, is a British man who took hundreds of portraits of English teachers living in Japan. (More info here) It was pretty awesome! There was a young guy manning an information table, so I asked him a few questions. Turns out, he was Gary McLeod. Nice guy.

We ate lunch at a mall in Osaka-ko, and Jen showed up where you can throw ninja stars. In the mall. It was AWESOME. We all did. Lamika took a video on her camera.





Then, Jen and I came back to Kobe and went to the beach. It was nice! We stayed there for quite a bit, and had a lot of fun watching fireworks.

Here are some photos of toys I've gotten recently.

Ninja Hello Kitty from Osaka-ko. She has a sword on her back too.

Bert and Ernie!!! In yukatas! Toys from green tea at Lawson's. I love Bert and Ernie. Four eyes, one eyebrow....

Hello Kitty (again) as a baseball player from the movie "The Rookies".


Snoopy on a salmon and rice sushi piece.


One of my favorite toys! I got this gem in Nagoya when I visited Ken and Heather. It's got the parts of the chicken labeled (in Japanese, of course).

No comments: