Monday, August 31, 2009

Toys are much better when they are won.

Jen and I went shopping in Sannomiya yesterday. Our mission was to find a nice birthday present for Aaron and Oli, but we got sidetracked in a arcade. They are a million different little games, grabby games and video games. I tried a game where you scoop some toys up, then dump them on a moving platform, and hope some get shoved off into the hole. I won on my first try! I got really excited, and Jen took a picture haha. I won the red, bean-looking thing. They're edamame (soybeans), and apparently have many characters among them. On the second try, I won FOUR! I gave two to Jen (a purple one, and a yellow one) and kept the orange and yellow ones. I have a new addiction...

I dragged Jen to a mexican restaurant in Sannomiya. It was super disapointing. Pretty place though. We left still hungry. However, we stopped by a convenience store and Jen bought an American dog. Check out the super convenient and practical mustard & ketchup combo.



Since Aaron and Oli's birthdays are close, we had a joint birthday party in Osaka. We went to the Ramada rooftop beer garden. It was really nice! On my way to the restroom, I stopped and played foozball with three young girls. I kicked their asses. They kept speaking to me in Japanese, and I would reply in English. I feel like we bonded. Later, as they walked past our table, they all gave me high fives.

It just dawned on me how that might be strange for there to be young children at a beer garden.

After the rooftop beer garden, we took a taxi to The Blarney Stone. It was fun. I wore the bartender's glasses. I look like Elton John.


Jen hiked Mt. Fuji with Aaron last weekend. She bought me a little charm for my cell phone. It's a little Fuji san!!! How cute.


There's a Japanese flag on the back.


New KitKat flavor. Apples and carrots?

No comments: