Sunday, August 23, 2009

Almost up to date!

Sorry, I've been pretty busy trying to edit 6000 photos to post here. Finally finished! Hopefully now I will update every couple days instead of once every two weeks.

Random things....

I have a kid's class with two 10 year olds. They rock. Friday, they started doing Thriller by Michael Jackson in class. They were dancing, and singing the song, but not the real words because they didn't know them. I laughed really hard for about 18 minutes. Then I had to get up and correct their dance moves. Needless to say, class was a success.


This weekend marks the beginning of The Hunt for Mexican Food in Japan, or as I like to call it, THMFJ.

Randomly, Vince and I were trying to figure out how to translate the most famous line from Star Wars, "Luke.... I am your father". This is what we came up with:
"Ru-ku, seisha wa omae no chichi da." There are about 17 different ways to say "I" in Japanese, depending on your gender, age, and social status. We chose the one for a samurai or lord. After all, he is Lord Vader...

No comments: