Friday, August 21, 2009

Obon Week - Day Three - Himeiji Castle & Jam Session

On Monday, we went to Minatogawakoen to visit my apartment, and really see how small it is. Believe me, it's tiny. Then we stopped by my work in Myodani, and peered in the windows. Then it was off to Himeiji Castle via the Sanyo Line!


Mom and I in my apartment.


Mom and I outside my school!


Mom and Dad outside my school.


Lunch. I had Shaka Shaka chicken! Delicious. Also, you can see an advertisment for the Tamago Double Mac! Wooo!!! It's just a double quarter pounder with an egg on it (tamago = egg).


I thought Mom was taking a photo of Dad and I looking at the map, but she wanted a photo of the train attendants behind us out the window. Clever girl...


Mom and Dad on the way to Himeiji.


Dad


Mom was startled every time a train would pass us going the opposite direction. I did the same thing when I first moved here. You get used to it after a while.


Himeiji manhole cover. Very pretty.


Mom and Dad in front of the castle.


Dad and I in front of the castle.


Me climbing the castle wall. I almost pulled a loose rock out and destroyed the wall. It is pretty old...


Dad going up the forever-long staircase to get to the castle. It is a pretty good fortress.


Mom and Dad, halfway up.


Tall Dad had to duck. Me and Mom? Not so much.


Please check out his weak-ass peace sign. *sigh* Americans.... ;)


Taking a breather. It was super steep! But Dad kept assuring us, "It's all downhill from here". Technically, yes. It's also many stairs downhill from here.


View from the very top.


View from the very top. Ther's a sterrrrm brewing! (That's for you, BeccaFace!)


Mom makes it under the gate with ease!


As we were leaving, the blue sky started to show through!


Mom and Dad enjoying some well deserved beers on the train ride home.


We went to eat at another izakaiya. Unfortunately, I ordered chicken cartilage instead of fried chicken. Whoops... Mom tried it. Dad didn't need to after he saw our faces hahaha.


Mom - "COW-PIE!"


Dad getting ready to jam on Gordon's guitar at Trinity.


Dad and Paul making some music.


Dad, Paul, and Gordon.


Dad.

No comments: