Friday, August 21, 2009

Obon Week - Day Five - Shin Kobe Ropeway

Thursday was a relaxing day, as we had been traveling quite a bit, and walking a lot. We Spent the first half of the day at the Shin Kobe Ropeway and Herb Park. Right next door to the hotel my parents were staying in, there's a cable car up to the top of Mt. Maya. We spent a few hours getting baked in the sun (and I mean baked! I had a pretty wicked sunburn on my shoulders!), then headed into Sannomiya to meet up with my coworker, Vince! He showed us around Ikuta Shrine, and explained various things to my parents. Very interesting stuff! That's why he's the best :)



Mom and I in the cable car on the way up.


Dad and the view of Kobe behind him.


The Shin Kobe Crowne Plaza, where my parents stayed. You can see the Shin Kobe Shinkansen stop at the bottom left, beside the trees.


Pinch pinch!


Me and Dad.


Mom and Dad at the top of Mt. Maya.


Family portrait, minus my bruffy!!! I know it looks really strange, because the left side of the photo was the beginning of a ramp, so it's crooked.


Awww.





More photos in the Herb Garden.


Pretty pruned trees. I have no idea what the sculpture in the background is supposed to be, however.


Moth or butterfly, in the greenhouse.


Greenhouse flowers.


A real pineapple plants. Apparently, if they are left to grow on their own, they can become enormous! But they take a long time to grow, like, 20 years.


Playing with a function on my little point and shoot.


Playing with functions. Sunflower garden.


hahaha Dad.


Dad had to feel the grass to see how soft it was.


My Mom and Dad are the cutest people ever.


The Shin Kobe Crowne Plaza.


We stopped in Brugges to have a beer. I ordered a Hoegaarden, and Vince had to order a bigger one.


Mom and Dad


Kanpai! Vince and I.


Dad ordered a beer called Satan. It's a high gravity beer, at 8%. We just liked the name.



Dad pouring his Satan.


The bottle. I saved the label.


Vince explaining stuff to my Mom at Ikuta Shrine in Sannomiya.


Leaving the Shrine because it's very dark.

No comments: