Monday, April 13, 2009

Lost on the Subway


I went to the bar after work on Saturday with my coworker. In a hurry to catch one of the last trains running that night as I left to go home, I ran down the stairs and straight onto the train. I sat down, and started flipping through a magazine. After one stop, I realized it was taking an unusually long time. Then I looked out the window, and realized we were above ground.

Cue internal monologue:
"Shit. I'm going the wrong way."

So, I get off at the next stop, hoping to just walk across the platform to the train running in the opposite direction. No dice, they've stopped running trains that direction for the night. So I ask a station attendant, and he tells me to hop on this other train, and get off somewhere... blah blah no one on the train, I have no idea where I am. I just get out of the station, get in a taxi, and pay $30 for a ride home. Oh well, next time I'll pay attention!


Walked to the shrine in Minatogawakoen. It's beautiful! Here are some photos:


A friend of mine, Ken, came down from Nagoya yesterday, and we went to an izakaya in Sannomiya. It was so much fun! Ken was chatting with the waiter, and the waiter basically asked if he could give me a hug (all I heard of this exchange was "gaijin" and "dijobu" - Foreigner and No problem). I gave this waiter a hug, and it made his night! hahahaha. It was so funny. Then Ken and I watched like, 4 hours of Chapelle Show clips on the internet. He's such a fun person, I'm really glad he came down to hang out.

No comments: