Thursday, April 30, 2009

Golden Week! - Day Two: Osaka

Lamika and I met up in Osaka to go shopping. First of all, we couldn't find each other in the cluster-fudge of a huge station that is Umeda. Second, one of the random ways we walked had three or four huge aquariums? And what the hell kind of giant fish is that?!?! Random...
(Picture is Lamika beside one of the huge aquariums in the station. Taken with my cell phone, hence the bad quality)

Bought a shirt-dress and a new blue button up blouse for work from UniClo. It's similar to Old Navy. Went to Yodobashi Camera, a huge 8 floor electronics store*. Found a light bulb, for under $20, that will be a PERFECT ring light. I just have no idea how to put it on a stand, nor how to plug it into an outlet. Also, my Japanese is so sucky I can't ask a sales associate. Next time...

Tommorow, Kyoto!!! Weeeeee!

* When we were wandering around, we found an izakaya (bar/restaurant) and went in. It was pretty dead, but we asked the guy for directions to Yodobashi ("Yodobashi Camera wa doko deska?") and he not only told us, he printed out a map from Google! In color! How nice. He tried to explain the path he drew, but I just looked at him and said "Nihon go wa karimasen" (I don't speak Japanese). He smiled :)

2 comments:

-t said...

is it a fluorescent light bulb in the shape of a ring? I have one in my office, and i never even thought of that possibility....minus points in the intelligence column.

Erny said...

hey mere,

you're working in japan?