Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Half Price Sushi!

Let's play "Guess That Sushi"!

From left to right, bottom row:
???
Spicy Salmon
Saba?
Tuna

Top row:
Egg with maple syrup on it (that's what it tastes like, anyways)
Tiny Shrimps
OCTOPUS!
Spicy Shrimp-thing

It is sooooo delicious. And it was on sale! Cost around $2.50 USD. Fantastic. Onward to non-food things!

I always get really nervous and stressed out before I teach a class, especially kids classes. It's borderline neurotic. Then, once the class is over, I'm totally smitten with the kids, and want to continue my conversations with the adults. So I hope this nervousness will pass with time.

I told my parents this during our morning conversation: It never ceases to amaze me when I see very well dressed women and young ladies riding down the street on a bike... with heels. I'll try to take a photo and post it soon.

I was told my bank card would be delivered this morning between 9 - 12. The delivery man didn't show up until 11:55. I could've been down at the market, attempting conversation with the fish ladies.... However, I do feel more established now that I have a cash card*. Also, I deposited some money at lunch, so my balance is no longer zero :)

I always feel like there's too much to do, and not enough time in the day.

It's great having a cell phone, but it's kind of a shame that I don't have more than 9 people I could call.

I told Vince that my rice cooker took forever. He said to copy down the characters on the front, and he'd translate them for me. Eff that, I took a photo with my cell phone and sent it to him. I love technology, and I also love the "fast cook" setting on my rice cooker.

My brother and his wife got a new puppy! Yoda is a dachshund and he's ADORABLE!!!!

Some vending machines make noise when you walk near them, and it never fails to scare the shit out of me every time.

Vince and I found my apartment on Google Earth. I live hella far away from the station!

That's it for now. Going to eat dinner, watch some Planet Earth, and go to bed.



* Japan doesn't have a debit card system. So you either pay with cash, or credit. The only reason to use your card is to withdraw money from the ATM. VERY different from the US, and I think that will take some getting used to.

No comments: