Monday, June 8, 2009

Sunburns and Peanut Butter

I spent the afternoon at Meiko Beach with Jen, Gordan, and Vince. Great view of the Akashi Bridge. After we got good and crispy, Jen and I went to Amagasaki to buy in bulk at Costco. We wandered around forever, and only bought a jumbo size container of Skippy peanut butter to split, and I bought a nice big block of chedder cheese. Here are some photo highlights.


Akashi Bridge


Akashi Bridge


Akashi Bridge


Check out that cheeeeeese-tastic grin


Handsome coworker. I wouldn't like half the Japanese foods I do if it weren't for Bean-Soup.


And now, a few artsy-fartsy photos.







Tiny crabs all over the rocks.


Bean-Soup got a little hungry...


Please note the hot young thang in the reflection of his sunglasses...


HI MOM AND DAD!


weeeee cartwheels!


Walking around Amagasaki towards Costco. This sign alone makes me want to eat at the restaurant. Sushi, of course.


I have no idea who Mr. Yoshida is, but just so you know, "There really is a Mr. Yoshida".


Jen and I were still in our bathing suits under sundresses, and she got cold. She used my towel as a jacket, but it looked more like a cape to me. She asked "Are you embarased to be seen in public with me?" to which I replied, "No more than ususal". We were walking through Amagasaki back to the train station, laughing hysterically about unicycles and singing circus music. We are crazy. I think we were both in dire need of a nap.


My (very heavy) purse, with a huge tub of Skippy peanut butter, a big block of cheese, and my camera. My shoulder has a dent now. Totally worth it, though :)

No comments: