Monday, June 15, 2009

Nishinomia Expedition

Today Jen and I went to Nishinomiya to eat a burger at this awesome place she read about, and also go shopping at Nishinomiya Gardens, a huge mall. The burgers were out of this world, it was a tiny shack on a side street. Amazing. There was a one hour wait for onion rings, though. Bummer. The whole vibe was very SoCal. Jack Johnson was playing. I drank a Longboard beer, from Hawaii. The whole thing reminded me of Joshua Wallace. If Joshua was a building, he could have been this burger joint.



Jen had a Coke.


I had a beer.


Burger arrived after a pretty fair wait.


Jen digs in!





Mmmmmmm......


These things were pretty big, and messy. I dropped a caramelized onion on my freshly washed jeans. Damnit.


Wish this was in focus.


And I'm full. This is the outside of the place. Tiny. Totally unremarkable from the outside. Delicious inside.


Jen thought this wall was straight out of Jurassic Park.


A wall of elevators in Nishinomiya Gardens that were advertisements for Father's Day. This one was Clark Kent / Superman. It was AWESOME! And for some reason, all the mannequins had moustaches? I dunno.

And finally, random cell phone shots from a foreign goods market:
Texas Select? Really? 0.05% alcohol by volume? You've got to be kidding me...

... unless you're Kirin FREE! ALCOHOL FREE! WEEEEE I love the taste of beer but hate it when I am in a better mood!


At least the Sprite is sexier than water.

And finally, 800 yen if you can tell me what's wrong with this picture. I can't quite put my finger on it.....

2 comments:

m said...

that milk is green and pretty much resembles doodoo. you can send my 800 yen via paypal! haha

Unknown said...

Ken says it's green tea milk jam. It's cool you can give him the monies when we visit...Hallie Berry, Hallie Berry.