Sunday, June 7, 2009

"Please keep your standing inside yellow lines"

Today I went to Suma Aquarium with some coworkers. It was AWESOME. Here are the photo highlights.



Yoshimi manager, Chika, Me


Yo, Chi, Me


AAHHHHHHH SCARY! Pickled Great White Shark head.






The stuff nightmares are made of.










Taking pictures of Naoto and laughing.





These are some huge crabs.



Hello, delicious. Yasu and I agreed, we would totally eat these.




Naoto and I as Urashima Taro and Princess Otohime (Japanese folk tale).



After I got home from Suma, I went to dinner with one of my students, Yoko. She's fantastic. We went to eat Korean food, and HOT DAMN it was so good. I had a kim chi and tofu stew. We also had kim chi okonomayaki, which was amazingly good.


This is Yoko with Korean sake, which is soooooo good.

Then we walked to Motomachi and caught a train home. This was a new way home for me, and cheaper too!


About the post title: A sign on the escelator at the aquarium asked people to "Keep your standing inside yellow lines". Makes perfect sense. I love Japan.

2 comments:

m said...

japan: the land of flying dolphins.

-t said...

King Crab! I would eat all of those.