Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tour de Kobe with Heather

On Monday, Heather and I did a tour of Kobe on foot. We started out in Sannomiya, and walked up a big ass hill (8% grade, mind you, there were signs) to the Foreign Settlement. It was pretty lame. The first house we saw was a recreation of Sherlock Holmes' house, and the Panama Consulate. Strange. Anyway, we took some cool photos, and a Japanese woman even took a photo of Heather and I from across the street!!


Random squirrel statues in someone's garden.


Aw, ain't we cuuuuute?


Small shrine in the Foreign Settlement.


Manhole cover in Kobe. I didn't even realize it was a face until Heather pointed it out.


OMG THE BEST THING I'VE EVER BOUGHT! Heather and I walked to Chinatown, and we found a kiosk that would take your photos, print it out on a little button, and you could buy a keychain to put it on. I got Godzilla. Heather got a bunny rabbit. I'm going back to make a lot more! Mom and Dad, you're probably getting Hello Kitty Mere's. I kinda suspect everyone will get me as a keychain for Christmas hahahahaha.


Funny name for a bar.


Random store that sold larger than life size statues of dogs, cheetahs, and tigers?


Attempting to be artsy fartsy.


Kobe Port town and Marine Museum from Harborland.


Aww Heather. Oh baby. Oh bargin!


Cute ladies, thank goodness for self timers.


Kobe Port Tower


Harborland, view from the top of the Port Tower.


City and mountains, view from the top of the Port Tower.


In the Port Tower.


Kobe Earthquake Memorial Park and Museum.


Meriken Park is a bastardization of "American Pier".


Probably my most favorite photo I've taken in Japan. Looks like a post card. Very cookie cutter though.


Heather


Tim said I was showing off.


In the Ferris Wheel!


View from the Ferris Wheel

Almost forgot. Heather eating FONDUUUUUU

No comments: