Sunday, July 5, 2009

"This is Mere, she's from the UK"

Saturday night, Ken and Heather came down from Nagoya! We went to dinner, then to Trinity to listen to Gordon's band. We danced our faces off. THEN we went to sing karaoke. Heather and I sang Britney Spears and felt very American. We finally got home at 4am. Needless to say, we were all very super tired on Sunday.

Sunday, there was a belated 4th of July BBQ near Akashi. Of course I didn't bring my camera, because that would've made too much sense. It was a long ass ride to get there, taking the subway to Shin-Nagata, then the JR to Kobe station, then the JR Special Rapid back to Akashi, then the Sanyo line down two stops. Phew. Took an hour.

When we got there, Gordon grilled up some pork and veggies with yakiniku sauce. Delicious. I also didn't wear a bathing suit, because I'm smart like that. I did go out in the water though, because it was really shallow for a long time. Lots of our friends were there, Oli and Aaron and his friend Essie. Aaron got a little two rowdy in the water, and ripped his bathing suit haha. We also threw around a football, and got all kinds of fun stares.

The best part about the whole day was this Fillipino woman, Julie, who stopped by the chat. Aaron introduceds us all, and totally switched our nationalities for fun. Hence, I was "Mere, from the UK". Since I have a horrible British accent, I didn't speak much :)

Julie came back later with a Brazilian friend, who opened her magic purse and pulled out bread and Brazilian sausages hahaha. There was a contrainer in her purse, but it was pretty visually stunning to watch this meat appear out of a Coach bag.

All in all, it was a great day, and I hate I didn't bring my camera. Ken had to go back to Nagoya, he had to work Monday. Heather and I stayed in on Sunday night and watched Twilight (it was awful, campy and cheezy and just as brainless as the books and I loved it) and Up, which Heather said, "should have been called Down", because it was pretty depressing for both of us. It's a Disney Pixar movie, but it starts out with 20 minutes that touches on soulmates, love, and death. Bummer. Great movie, but we bawled our eyes out.

No comments: