Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Monday - Marine's Day

I went out in Sannomiya with Jen to listen to her boyfriend jam at Trinity. We were just hanging out, and I decided to head out a bit earlier than my last train because I was tired. My last train on weekdays runs at 12:34, and on Saturdays and holidays it runs at 12:04.

I forgot that Monday was Marine's Day. A National holiday.

I left Trinity at 12:00.

A guy ran by me in the hallway at the subway station, and it dawned on me that it was a holiday and I'd better haul ass to catch the last train. As I ran up to the ticket gate, they just waved me through because I didn't have a pass or a ticket. I sprinted (seriously, SPRINTED) down three flights of stairs and onto the waiting subway car.

When I got home, I had to try to explain that I didn't have a ticket to the attendant. He didn't look like he cared. He waved me through.

Hooray for saving 200 yen!!!

And then I tripped up the escalator.

1 comment:

-t said...

hahahahahahahaha