Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Japan's Funniest Students

EDIT: Found some cell phone photos.

Yes, there is a Wendy's in Japan. Awesome.


"I have a fight with my boyfriend. I'd better tell him that I'm sorry." This was on a floor guide in a department store. WTF?



I wish Bob Saget could host this show.

In a group class, discussing American music:

Student 1: I like American Music.
Me: Can you give me an example?
Student 1: Avril Lavigne. And pop music, like N'Sync.
Me: *to myself: "Avril's Canadian."* Do you like the Backstreet Boys?
Student 1: BAK-U-STREET BOYS??!?!?! Who is that?
Student 2 (who's a 30 year old male): You know, *starts singing "Quit Playing Games with my Heart".
Me: *almost peeing on myself laughing so hard*


In a kid's class, discussing "cute, cool, expensive".

Me: Ok! Please make a sentence!
Kids: That scooter was cuuuuuute!
Punk Ass Kid 1: Oh oh!!!!
Me: Yes, PAKid 1!
PAKid 1: Teacher is NOT cute!
Kids: HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOWIEROWIAGRY9AW87ROIJ
Me: Great sentence, PAKid1! *to myself: "I will headbutt you after class."

As an aside, I had to praise PAKid1, because at his level, it was really impressive that he could use the vocabulary correctly, about another noun (me) and put the negative in the correct place! Didn't make me not want to punch him though...


Another group class, after a listening section:

Me: Ok! Any questions?
Student: Yes. What does 'suck' mean?
(She heard "This weather sucks!" I had to explain what 'sucky weather' was. Awesome.)




And now, three random toys from drinks I have bought. Seriously, this sometimes decides which drink I buy.

Who am I kidding, it always decides what I buy. And why I drink green tea more now. (It has the best toys).



This is a Cupie doll half-stuck in a bottle of green tea? I dunno. Japan is weird sometimes.




This is an ANA flight attendant from the 1960's. There are several you can collect. Haven't seen them again though. I wish I did, I could have my own army of flight attendants standing guard at my computer.



And my personal favorite: The Jim Beam Sumo wrestler/ Yakuza member. This guy has piercings, and a huge ass bottle of Jim Beam. Freaking Awesome.


All of these toys, plus many more pins and small trinkets, are lined up all around my keyboard. I can't close my screen or move my computer, but MAN IT LOOKS COOL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teaching Engrish makes you appreciate our frickin' complex language and silly slang, eh?

Love the drink dolls. Simply crazy.