Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Goodbye, November

Sunday I went to Osaka, and went to the top of the Umeda Sky Building, 173 meters high. It was really.... whelming. Meh. Kinda crappy weather, but I ate some udon and took a photo.


Umeda Sky Building in Osaka, Japan.


Sunday night, I went to Jen's house and she made TACOS!!!! I also picked up some Kirin from the Sunkus that looks like American beer. A lager and pilsener. They tasted pretty good.


Monday I went to Kyoto with Lamika to see a photo exhibit of a friend of a friend. It was difficult to find, and pretty small, but I did get to see Extreme Japanese Hedge Pruning! Lamika and I also saw an event being set up for the Japan Pro Wrestling Federation. We would have gone too, if tickets weren't 10,000¥.

After Kyoto, Lamika came back to Kobe with me, and we met up with Jennifer in the MINT Kobe building to eat at a buffet. HOLY COW the next person that visits me is totally going there. I ate 6 plates of Japanese and Western foods, and then about 4 plates of AWESOME desserts. I was about to explode. It was sooooooo worth it! We took Lamika to Daiso, our "Dollar General". It says 100¥ shop, but some things cost more. So it's like everything is 'generally' 100¥. Take a look at the site, let me know what you must have because I can definitely bring it home since it probably won't break the bank ;)

Daiso

Also, if you haven't seen my school's homepage, that's here. My photo will cycle through on the main page if you wait.

1 comment:

F-Luc said...

Holy crap, we have Daiso in Korea, too! Same "everything's almost the base unit roughly equivalent to a dollar." When my mom came to visit, she found this store and loved it. Bought me a bunch of housewares. Leave it to my mom to find the \1000 store in the giant downtown shopping district. ^^