Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm an Aunt!!!!

My brother's son was born this week! Chad Timothy Mock weighs a whopping 9 lbs. 11 oz. That's over 4.3 kg!!! I really hate that I can't be there to hold him, but my mom sends pictures of everyone else holding him, so that makes me feel better.

My parents called me around 10:00 am my time, or 9:00 pm EST. So that means it was already the next day here. I feel bad, because I will forever think this kid's birthday is June 10.


Special Lesson week went by fairly quickly, and it was eerily quiet at our school without a thousand children running around. I taught a movie lesson and a telephone English lesson. They went pretty well. One of my favorite students took both lessons on Saturday, and we talked about such great movies as Pulp Fiction ("What ain't no country I ever heard of!"), The Godfather, and The Blues Brothers ("We're on a mission from God."). I had the good fortune to explain a few key scenes and dialogue, including correcting misheard lines.

"Actually, he isn't saying 'boosh sheet' (whatever that is), he is saying 'bullshit'."
"Oh. Like dog shit?"
"Yea, sorta...."

Highly entertaining. So now it's my day off, and it's been beautiful and sunny and hot all week.... so today, of course it's raining.

In good news, I got two days off work at the end of July, and now I'm thinking of taking a short trip! Should I go to Okinawa, Hokkaido, or South Korea?

No comments: