Monday, June 14, 2010

I Love Tortillas

I woke up Sunday to heavy rain. Of course it's raining, it's my day off! I really wanted Mexican food, so I decided to make tortillas from scratch and buy a box of hard taco shells and seasoning. I grabbed an umbrella and rode my bike down to JR Kobe station where they have a fairly decent import section in the grocery store. It took me about 20 minutes, and my jeans were soaked by the time I got there.

Having secured my purchases in the bike basket, I got one hell of a workout biking back uphill, one hand holding an umbrella, with a heavy basket. Le sign. I miss cars.

Once home, I started making flour tortillas. Amazingly enough, they came out pretty well, considering I didn't have proper measuring spoons and my measuring cup was in milliliters. Damn metric system.... Also, once I had made the dough, let it rest, and formed it into small balls, and let it rest again, I realized I didn't have a rolling pin. And since necessity is the mother of invention, I used a tall boy Kirin beer. Worked like a charm.

I ate a few tacos, and then went to Port Island with Tim, because he wanted to visit IKEA. It was the first time I've been inside an IKEA. Meh. Not a huge fan.

When I got back home, I watched "Hot Tub Time Machine". It was pretty funny.

Now it's Monday, and I ate two egg and veggie burritos for breakfast. Delicious. Hooray for the weekend!

Also, happy anniversary to Mom and Dad, and Andrew and Amber!

No comments: