Wednesday, July 28, 2010

South Korea's got Seoul!

Sunday I woke up bright and early (5:00am) to give myself plenty of time to catch the bus to Kansai International Airport. I made it there with two hours to spare, so I sat and listened to podcasts until I boarded my plane for Seoul!


Amanda met me at the airport, and we took the subway into town. After a wonderful lunch (Mexican!) we walked around the Korea War Memorial Museum. They have a lot of tanks and planes outside, and you can even climb on a few of them!

The view from Amanda's apartment in Haebonchong oogori.


Korean War Museum













Creepy super realistic painting of North Korean soldiers.


Later on, we met up with Amanda's friend Matt and ate Korean barbecue. It was AWESOME.


After dinner, we hung out at the local bar Amanda and her friends go to, and played foozball for a few hours.

The next day, Amanda had to work for a few hours in the middle of the day, so I wandered around Itawon, the foreigner area. Also, there are lots of shops, literally any store you can think of in the States is here. So I wandered around, and bought a purse.


Delicious Korean porridge.


Tried to visit Gyeongbokgung Palace, but it was closed on Tuesdays.... so I went to the National Palace Museum of Korea, conveniently located right beside it.


Skyscrapers in Myeong-dong.


The fountain in Fountain Square.


My best friend Mary has this same car.


Me and Amanda at a rooftop bar.

No comments: