Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Punkspring 2010

Saturday after work, I took an overnight bus from Osaka to Tokyo. By myself. Wow. Miho booked the ticket for me, but I had to show up. It wasn't too difficult, but I did call Miho to make sure I was in the right area.

7 hours later, I arrived at Tokyo Station, and met up with Miho and Asami, who took a different bus.

Two things I learned about riding an overnight bus: 2 Benedryl is AMAZING! and wearing earplugs makes me carsick.



Asami and I in front of Unko san in Asakusa. *Unko means poo in Japanese


Too early for traffic.


311!!!

The lineup


The audience watching one of the Japanese punk bands. They were awesome!


Blue stage


Chad Sexton's drum kit. He's the drummer for 311.


Sneaky photo. Nick Hexum and S.A. Martinez.


Miho's apartment. This is her room. She has a shared kitchen and bathroom and stuff. It's really nice! It's also a good 15 minute walk from the Asakusa station.


Common living room.








BURGER KING!


Again, taking a photo with the hot models at A&F in Ginza.


Asami wanted to go to Vampire Cafe. Miho's face shows exactly how she and I felt about this.




In hindsight, those look like red blood cells on the floor.


My, what atmosphere there is.


Who is Earl, and why does he get to select some kinds cheese? I want his job.


duh duh duh THRIIIIILER!


And of course.... print club.




Karaoke


Minatogawakoen at 7:00 am.

No comments: