Monday, April 12, 2010

American Idol in Japan

Sunday afternoon, I went to Chiyoko and Mitsuna Andoh, former students, for lunch. They are such sweet women! Chiyoko made us lunch, and we watched a highlight video of American Idol. I was never a fan of the show, but that video was pretty good. Then I got to watch clips from Chiyoko's movies/shows/commercials. She's an actress, and she also does voice work. It was amazing! She always plays a mother, and in my favorite commercial, it's an infomercial for a frying pan. To be honest, it is pretty amazing. Mitsuna works part time as an illustrator, and she gave me a beautiful watercolor she had done as I left.

After lunch, I went to Nishinomiya-kitaguchi to Tim's apartment for a wine and stinky cheese party. One of his students had gone to France, and brought back SO MUCH stinky cheese. It was fun, there were 6 other foreigners there, mostly AEON teachers, but a few JETs and freelancers. Tim taught us how to play dominoes (because he's an old man like that), and we had a good time. Then, Tim, Joe and I went to a local hole in the wall to sing karaoke.


Thanks for the awesome earrings, Mom!


Joe and I singing "A Whole New World".

Since it's rainy and cold (and I'm slightly hungover) today, I'm staying inside and trying very hard not to have to go outside. Too bad my laundry is on the balcony.

1 comment:

-t said...

Dominoes is the best game ever! It must be a Tim thing