Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tokyo! - Day Three - DisneySea

Wednesday, Jen and Miho bought my ticket to DisneySea as a birthday present! We rode the train for about 40 minutes with everyone else in Tokyo (so it felt) to Disneyland!!! Weeeee it was so crowded, they had stopped selling tickets for the rest of the day. This was at 9:00 am.



What better way to start an early day trip (7am! Again!) to DisneySea than this beautiful young girl. I hope I can be half as fashionable as her when I grow up.


Jen and I in front of a huge globe on a fountain. I don't know what's up with the pose, it just felt right at that moment.


Miho, Jen and I in front of the globe fountain thing. Right at the enterance!


The first princess we found wandering the park, being swarmed by small children was Pocahontas. I will share with you the transcript of our converstaion:

Me: Wow. May we take a photo?
Pocahontas: Of course!
*picture taken by Miho*
Me: So, where ya from?

I must say here, that I completely, 100% thought her answer would be something like, "Oh, I'm from California" or "I live in Tokyo, but I'm from Florida." Here is her honest to God answer:

Pocahontas: I'm from the forest.
Me: *blank stare* Of course you are, Pocahontas.

I don't know why I thought she would for a second be out of character.


Jen's friend Elizabeth sometimes plays Ariel, and we waited in line for over an hour to see if she was working that day and we could take a photo with her! They had her hidden around a corner, so we couldn't check first. This is not Elizabeth. But she was pretty damn cool. For example, I turned into a 6 year old the moment I saw her.

Ariel: Oh my! Look at you three beautiful humans!! Did you swim all the way here?
Me: *mouth agape* Uh-huh.
(Miho and Jen looked at me like I was crazy, and I probably sounded crazy. But Ariel is mesmerizing!!! Look at that fin!)

She also asked two more questions, and I responded the same to them all.

Ariel: Do you want to touch my fin?
Me: *mouth agape* Uh-huh.

Ariel: Let's pose like princesses! Just clasp your hands, and put them right over your heart!
Me: *mouth agape* Uh-huh.

It was the coolest thing all day.


In front of the Indy Jones (as they call him in Japan) rides! Temple of DOOM!


Single riders line!!! This line is for people who don't mind sitting next to strangers, to fill holes in the rides. There are only three rides at DisneySea that do this, but we did all three! It took maybe 30 minutes waiting at the most! Much better than 2 or 3 hours!


Yeaaaaa Indy Jones is SCARY!


Cast members from the Cape Cod area.


Trick-or-treat!


Drinking beer in Disney!!! Surprisingly, beer here was ¥600. That's cheaper than most bars I go to!


TOWER OF TERROR. The look on my face is priceless.


Old New York area.


Old New York area.




Tower of Terror


Jen and Miho are frightened of the Tower of Terror.


So am I.




Felix the cat, no?




Roller coaster in the Indiana Jones area.


Posing on the camel in the Arabian Nights section.


I almost pushed Jen off the back, she yelled "@(#*^$#%$*)!", I laughed, and Miho took this photo.


A whole new woooooorrrrrrllllllddddd.......


Ariel's Castle.


Awww we're princessess!

1 comment:

-t said...

Comments in order of occurance:
1. I would live in pocahontas' forest anytime
2. Is there a secret button that makes Ariel's dias spin around so she can disappear into the rock?
3. Tower of Terror look is awesome