Monday, November 23, 2009

Universal Studios Japan

Monday was cold and rainy, but four of my students and I went to Universal Studios Japan! It was really fun, although it was cold and bad weather. These girls are super nice, really funny, and were more than happy to speak wonderful English for several hours!


The entrance. It's already decorated for Christmas.


Miwa, me, Keiko, and Natsu in front of the USJ globe.


"Mere chan, this hat goes with your Elmo jacket!"


Natsu chan as Elmo.


Keiko chan as Cookie Monster.


I was staring at this, and something was nagging me in the back of my mind. Then I realized it's the first US mailbox I've seen in 8 months. I thought it was totally normal.... until I remembered I'm in Japan.


Snowman parade!


Elliooooot!


CyberDyne, where T2 was made.


Spiderman is hanging out in the alley.


Su-pai-da man ride.


Me, Miwa, Keiko, and Natsu wearing super cute 3-D glasses, waiting for Spiderman.


"Deloriaaaaaaan!" Back to the Future ride! Me and Aya, Natsu, Keiko and Miwa.
I think it's pretty bizarre to go on these rides in Japanese. You might be thinking, "But Mere, you hear Japanese every day!". Yes, well, I grew up watching E.T., Back to the Future, and Jaws, so I know the movie and characters. It really throws you off to visually know what's going on, but having no idea what's being said. Plus, this ride was pretty dated. 1989 anyone?


JAWS


Natsu, Miwa, me, and the Peanuts gang.


One of the "American diners".


Lit up Christmas tree.




2 comments:

-t said...

I haven't even been to Universal Studios in America!

Mere said...

Me either! :)