Monday, October 18, 2010

"It's called a wicket..."

I don't know what's up with the blog, but I still can't upload any photos. I can't make promises, cause I'm busy and that's also not how I roll, but I'll try to post about China soon. At least words.

Ok, that's done, so, TAKATSUKI! I moved to Osaka, and have been teaching at Takatsuki school for two weeks. It's good, the staff and students are super nice. I don't have to take a train to work, just walk, and the weather's been beautiful. The new teacher's here, he's a cool guy, Alex.
Yesterday, me, Abrahm, Lamika and Alex met up to go to Matt's for some playground fun. Matt moved into a nice, new apartment, and he lives very close to a pretty big park. Matt, being Australian, taught all us Americans how to play cricket. IT. IS. AWESOME. But probably because
1. We're really bad at it
2. We were running around on sand in flip flops, therefore sliding quite a bit
3. A 8 year old student was kicking everyone's ass

After we thoroughly mangled that game, we taught Matt how to play baseball, which is crazy, because he's from Australia, not Mars, they know how to play baseball, right?
Matt: "I've seen it on TV once."

Get outta here.... It was all in good fun. We ran around for about 4 hours, then went back to Matt's for snacks and watched some British comedy shows. "Little Britain" is truly a test to my English listening skills, and apparently, I suck.

So today I'm cleaning, packing, buying shinkansen tickets to Tokyo to visit Miho next weekend! And generally PREPARING TO COME HOME.

I'm excited. You should be too.

No comments: