Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sayonara, Mere Chan!

Saturday was my birthday, my farwell party, and the new teacher Chellsea's welcome party! We were very busy. For Saturday students, it was my last class. Some students brought me presents! They are all super nice.

Asuka, me, and Daisuke. They're about 7 years old.


Yuka and Daisuke. Yuka made me a very pretty bracelet.


Me and Saori sensei in the teacher's "room" (it's more like an alcove). You can see the bracelet Yuka made me. It matched my shirt perfectly, I might add.


Me and Kaede, easily my favorite kid student. She's only 6, but she's super smart! She speaks great English.


Noriko


Rie


Miyuki


Masayuki and his daughter, Momoko, who is terrified of me.


Saki, me, Chiaki, and Shoko. They are super giggly high school students. Wonderful young ladies.


I have no idea why Ryosuke has this look on his face. I swear I didn't do anything.


Me, Chitose, and Shizuko. Super friendly, nice women!


Masaki, being ninja, me, Hideaki, and Satoshi. Hideaki showed up a photo he took on the subway of a ninja. Seriously, a ninja on the subway. It was amazing.


Hidekazu, Hiroyuki, and me. The Three Jokers. I will seriously miss these guys. It took me a moment, but I realized they're both bending down quite a bit. They're pretty tall guys.


Megumi, Jun, and me.


Arisa, Yoshimi manager, me, and Erika. Arisa and Erika are cheerleaders at their university.


I'm much more excited thank Ayako.


Naoko and Miki


My Japanese mothers. Makiko, Sumiko, Chiyoko, Kyosuke, and a newer student (sorry, I don't know your name!)


Me and the Odyssey girls. Miki, Naoko, Tomoko, and Aya (who was eating something haha)


Koki


The staff performed a beautiful rendition of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face", with alternate lyrics.


"Mere chan, Mere chan,
I can't hide my crying face.
Mere chan, Mere chan,
We're going to miss your smiling face."


Chika

Oha chan and Yuchika




Even Kaede danced.


Saori, Chika, Yoshimi, me, Risako, Kaede, Yuchika.


I have no idea what's up with the makeup. It's a Japanese pop culture thing.


The one, the only.... Hiroyuki Suzuki.


Then we went to karaoke!!!! Tomoko and I were feeling pretty great!




















No comments: